Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Anderson returns to bolster England


James Anderson returned to the England squad to bolster the team’s bowling attack. The English pacer returned home to rest after the succesful Ashes series in which he played all the matches.

Without him, England have performed poorly, winning just one T20 game in the tour and go in to the 4th ODI match with a string of defeats.

With Tim Bresnan, Graeme Swann and Stuart Broad unavailable due to injury, Anderson’s return will provide the much needed sting in the bowling attack in a match which England can’t afford to lose.

“It was great to go home and see my family. It was also nice to get a break and rest the body and the mind,” Anderson said.

“I needed it. My body certainly needed it after the Test series. I’m excited about playing again and looking forward to Wednesday.

“Hopefully I can bring a bit of experience and a bit of energy in the field. I’d like to think I bring some energy with both my bowling and fielding.

“I don’t think we are that far away having seen the first three games. We are just one game away from turning the momentum around.”

Despite being down 0-3 in the series, Anderson said that the team’s morale is still as high as it was when he left.

“I know we are 3-0 down but the dressing room seems just as positive as when I left,” he revealed. “They are still in good spirits.

“We are looking to Wednesday to be a good all-round performance with both bat and ball.”

It was in Adelaide that Anderson took 6 wickets to give Australia their first loss in the Ashes, and the fast bowler said he was looking forward to repeating the good performance in the ODI version.

“I have nice memories from the Test here, but Wednesday is a completely different situation,” he said. “We’re 3-0 down and we have a must-win one-day game. “We’re hoping for more good memories here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

st